8 Gorgeous Days
The Best of Vermont, New Hampshire ‘n More!
DAY ONE: Welcome!! We have time to get-acquainted with our new TLC travel friends as we point our coach towards beautiful New England, with our overnight in Danbury, CT on the way. Dinners on your own near the hotel – then rest up for some gorgeous days just ahead!
DAY TWO: Today we travel thru Massachusetts! Prepare to be awe-inspired by the quaint villages and picture-perfect scenes unfolding before your eyes.
* We’ll be joined by a professional local Guide for a tour of the quaint Berkshire region filled with wondrous mountains vistas where you’ll learn the history of Tanglewood and the gilded age of this mountainous resort area.
* It’s always fun to take time at a Cider Mill and smell the delicious goodies – maybe you’ll want to take some with you!
* Arriving in the beautiful village of Manchester, Vermont, a special highlight today will be visiting the restored 24-room Georgian Revival mansion known as Hildene. Built in 1905 by Abraham Lincoln’s son, Robert Todd, explore the mansion, gardens, and carriage barn.
* On to our hotel for 3 nights in the Rutland/Killington area with dinner at a local favorite. (B, D)
DAY THREE: We start our day of guided Vermont touring which includes picture stops at Covered Bridges – pure New England charm at its best ~ ‘Have your camera ready!
* The beautiful village of Middlebury sits in the Champlain Valley of the Green Mountains complete with an iconic white-steepled church and a lovely village green. It is also where the Danforth Pewter Flagship Store welcomes us with its large viewing windows to watch these amazing artists at work. Enjoy time here and perhaps get a jump on your Christmas shopping!
* Lunchtime today will find us at the stately, historic Middlebury Inn where a Vermont-fresh luncheon awaits our arrival – Wow!
* Then it’s on to the Morgan Horse Farm where we’ll watch an introductory video about the farm followed by a guided tour of this historic site including the barn, horse training arenas, and horse ‘spa’. We’ll also visit the little colts and the farm’s gift shop – very fun! Dinner is included at a local favorite before returning to our hotel from an immensely scenic and unique day!! (B, L, D)
DAY FOUR: Fall foliage abounds on Scenic Rt. 100, voted by American Travel Magazine as one of America’s most scenic routes! Our professional local Guide will join us as we travel this picturesque road which cuts thru the backbone of Vermont with spectacular mountain vistas around every corner! Many photographers consider Rt. 100 to be the best route in the entire state for viewing fall foliage – so have your cameras ready again!
* One of our favorite Vermont gems is our time at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe! “The Hills are truly Alive” on this Sound of Music experience as we are treated to a wonderful history tour (often by a family descendant). You’ll see why the Von Trapp family chose this exquisite, mountainous location in which to reside for its likeness to their Austrian home. After our Austrian lunch, step outside to bask in the breathtaking views!
* Passing thru VT’s Capital, Montpelier, we’ll take time for a photo-op at the USA’s smallest, gold-domed capital building.
* No tour of Vermont would be complete with visiting a Maple Sugar Farm – so much to learn (and sample) here! * Dinner is included to round out a truly wonderful, wonderful day! (B, L, D)
DAY FIVE: Off we go this morning to charming Woodstock! This village is considered to be one of New England’s most beautiful places and is listed as one of the “Prettiest Towns in America”. Let us take a photo of you in front of Woodstock’s historic Taftsville Covered Bridge in this quintessential Vermont town!
* Experience the majesty of Lake Winnipesaukee during a narrated scenic tour aboard the historic M/S Mount Washington. Learn about the history of the region and local folklore, surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in New England.
* Then enjoy some fun Free Time in the quaint downtown area of Wolfeboro village, including choosing where to get your lunch.
* Later, we’ll hear “All Aboard!” and take our seats on the Lake Winnipesaukee Scenic Rail Train. Travel the shoreline of the gorgeous lake while enjoying a delicious hand-carved roast turkey dinner catered by the famous Harts Turkey Farm. This enchanting excursion hugs the picturesque shoreline with a background of mountain outcrops and views of ‘Grand Style Resorts’ – a wonderful (and delicious) experience!
* On to Tilton, NH and our lovely hotel just minutes from the White Mountain National Forest. Settle in for a pleasurable 2-night stay. (B, D)
DAY SIX: Photo-ops abound as you embark on a guided riding tour of the White Mountain’s famous roadways. New Hampshire’s famous #1 thoroughfare is known as the Kancamagus Trail (the ‘Kanc’ to the locals) and is filled with stunning mountain views at every turn. We’ll stop at the base of Mt. Washington, NH’s highest peak, for fabulous mountainous valley vistas – truly awesome!
* As we travel thru the mountain town of Jackson, be sure to keep an eye out for the ‘Pumpkin People’ as the business’s often celebrate the Autumn season with Fall whimsy, creating unique displays with their pumpkins!
* North Conway Village is considered one of NH’s most charming towns and where you’ll get your lunch today – See the Austrian-style train station, white church steeples, the colonial-era shops… and don’t miss Zeb’s famous NE Country Store.
* Later, a great experience is about to happen… We’ll soar to Loon Summit on NH’s longest Scenic Skyride aboard special gondolas – view stunning scenery while being carried to the summit of Loon Mountain – you’ll LOVE this!
* This evening, dine on hearty New England fare at the Woodstock Inn, a renovated historic train station in the heart of New Hampshire’s scenic White Mountains. ~ A stunning day in every way! (B, D)
DAY SEVEN: Take a guided tour thru the hilltop sanctuary grounds at the national ‘Cathedral of the Pines’ where historic monuments honor service men and women.
* A delightful stop will be yours at the original Yankee Candle Company featuring a Bavarian Christmas Village, Old World Shops, the Nordic Fountain, the Oompah Boys, Candle Museum, and so much more – another place we love to visit!
* Overnight coming home in Danbury, CT with dinner on your own in the area. (B)
DAY EIGHT: It’s a day of travel as we finish our drive back to our pick-up points with rest stops and meal stops planned for your comfort. ~ This is genuinely a Top-Notch trip, all the way! (B)
Includes: Deluxe motorcoach travel, 7 nights’ lodging at prime foliage time, meals and activities as listed, luggage handling & taxes
PLEASE NOTE: Fall New England trips often sell out don’t wait too long to get your reservation in.
$2,435 per/person, double occupancy
$2,195 p/p, triple occupancy
$2,085 p/p, quad occupancy
$3,245 single occupancy
Please note: The following are TLC's general polices and procedures that cover all of our tours, so some of these may or may not be applicable to this particular tour.
On all overnight tours, we use a daily seat rotation. The first day of a trip, you choose your seat when you board, and rotate from there. We feel this is fair to all. If the coach is not full, a less formal rotation may be used at the Escort’s discretion. Persons traveling single or with uneven amounts in their group may need to sit with other like-travelers. We cannot guarantee that small groups will be seated together. We welcome single travelers, but the single rate does not include two seats on the coach. * We cannot accept doctor’s notes regarding requests to sit in the front seat/s. Please consider boarding at the first pickup location if your seat location is of concern. It is also recommended to see your doctor for motion sickness medication, if this should apply.
We make regular stops for restrooms and for the convenience of smokers; however, we have a NO SMOKING (or vaping) policy aboard all coaches. If someone violates the non-smoking policies of places we are staying or visiting while on tour, it is the sole responsibility of that person should there be any penalties and/or fines for not adhering to their rules and regulations. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted at any time on the coach.
All of our tours use beautiful modern, deluxe wide-body motorcoaches from Campbell Bus Lines. Campbell has received the highest possible rating with the Dept. of Transportation. The motorcoaches are equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats, public address system, DVD player, outlets for each passenger, and emergency restrooms. Our intent is for all overnight tours to be professionally escorted. Upon occasion, in order to avoid canceling a trip with a low passenger count, our Driver may serve both positions of Driver and Escort, and all are professionally trained to do so. ~ Also, on air trips with low passenger counts, we will not be able to provide an Escort from our company. However, once you arrive at your destination, a guide from our connecting company will be with you throughout the entire tour.
Your lodging is included on all overnight tours. All hotels are AAA rated. We never use second rate hotels, restaurants, or activities on any tour, to the best of our ability to make that determination. If you need two beds in your room, please state this when making your reservation. Generally, some meals are included on overnight trips (see individual tour inclusions); however, we cannot guarantee any special dietary requirements.
As of June 2009, a Passport or Passport Card is required for border crossings. Either of these travel documents may be obtained through your local courthouse. The Passport Card is limited but is sufficient for Canadian border crossings and is good for 10 years – it is also very easy to apply for. Your Driver and/or Escort will be asking to see one of these documents before boarding the coach for trips with this requirement. We cannot be responsible if you are unable to travel due to failure on your part to obtain the proper documentation. Please begin the process early enough to ensure that you will have it in time for your tour’s departure. Click here for for more information.
One suitcase per person is included in the price of your tour. You are also permitted a carry-on, which is your responsibility. Additional luggage may be transported at the cost of $10.00 per bag, per day. It is wise to travel light. Luggage tags are provided and required for hotel identification and are sent with the final letter and phone numbers of your hotels.
Medical devices must be handled by you, the passenger. They are either to be stored under your seat (not protruding out into the person’s space behind or in front of you), or if too large for that accommodation, they must be placed under the coach by you, and taken off at each place it’s needed by you. It is not safe for a medical device to ride in an overhead compartment for multiple reasons, nor are our Drivers or hotel personnel allowed to handle it for safety and liability reasons. If it needs to ride under the coach, please have it in a quality container (as small as possible) to assure it rides safely.
All taxes and gratuities for included meals and activities are included, unless otherwise mentioned by the Escort. Driver and Escort gratuities are not included in the price of your tour. The suggested rate for a “job well done” is a minimum of $4.00-$4.50 per person/ per day for the Tour Escort, and a minimum of $4.00-$4.50per person/per day for the Driver. We request that you express this on an individual basis and let the quality of service received be your guide.
All prices listed are per/person rates. On one day tours, full payment must be made with the reservation. For overnight tours, see “How To Make A Reservation”. Balance of an overnight tour is due 45 days prior to departure (unless otherwise stated/notified). Confirmation will be sent after we receive your deposit. Please call as soon as possible if you should decide not to go.
FYI: About a week before your overnight trip departs, you will receive from our office a letter packet with updated itinerary, passenger list, departure and return times, luggage tags, hotel phone numbers, and other pertinent information.
1– Our intent is to have all our tours accompanied by one of our professional Escorts – However, occasionally a low passenger count may make it necessary to send that tour out as “Driver Only” in an effort to ensure that the trip you wanted to go on does not have to be cancelled. Please be assured our Tour Drivers are first-class professionals, capable of handling any trip we offer from beginning to end. You will be in great hands and have a wonderful time!
2- Please Note – We’re truly sorry if we’ve canceled a trip that you wanted to go on. Sometimes excellent trips with super itineraries are canceled when people wait ‘til the last minute to put in their reservation. OUR monies are usually due at least 45 days ahead on regular trips, and sometimes 90 on certain ones. If we don’t have enough signed up at that time, we have no choice but to cancel it. Then when you call later, it’s already too late… and disappointing for us all! Please help us and CALL EARLY – Thank you so much.
3- The information about trips on this website (funwithtlc.com) is complete. It contains the same information that a paper flyer has. However, if you prefer a paper flyer you can call for Fully Detailed Flyers for Most Trips of 3 Days or More. We’ll gladly send extras for you to pass along to your friends! We will also happily send a Tour Book to anyone you feel would enjoy receiving one.
Up to 45 days prior to departure date, a full refund will be made. *Air and cruise tours, and some longer tours, may be different—be sure to ask for details when making your reservation. Tours including tickets also generally have earlier non-refundable dates. There are no refunds for cancellations made within 45 days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything including prepaid reservations and other costs that are non-refundable to us. There will be a $25.00 per/person charge for this service. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour.
Please Note: Refunds will be made by the same method you paid us, e.g., if you paid by credit card, the refund will be put back on that credit card. No exceptions.
TLC Tours offers a “Refund Protection Plan” for overnight tours that is available at our office at a minimal cost. It needs to be purchased when you book your trip. This insures you a full refund in case of:
Call our office for full details about TLC’s RPP. We encourage you to take advantage of the protection plan, or secure insurance on your own if you prefer “cancel for any reason” coverage. Our Refund Protection Plan is not available for Day Trips, nor are there any refunds for Day Trips, with a few exceptions.
TLC Tours reserves the right to cancel any tour that has not reached a minimum number of reservations. We always avoid changes and cancellations, if at all possible, as we realize the inconvenience to you, our valued customer. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse service to anyone, in our sole discretion. Any person may be dismissed from a tour at any time by the Tour Escort or Driver should their conduct be problematic in any way. No refund will be made, nor will any further responsibility be assumed by TLC Tours or anyone in their employment.
TLC Tours, LLC is insured. Campbell Bus Lines is registered and insured with the ICC. TLC Tours acts only as an agent. We are not responsible to any person for any loss of time or money due to a change or delay beyond our control. Nor are we responsible for non-performance by those we have contracted with. We reserve the right to change tour prices, inclusions, and itinerary, if so, dictated by circumstances beyond our control. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors. Any claims against TLC Tours must be made, in writing within 30 days of the trip.
HOW TLC IS ADDRESSING COVID/VARIANTS FOR 2023
We are so thankful that much of our country has ‘opened up’ and we are back to being able to travel freely, for those who desire to get out & about again. While rejoicing over such good news, there are still a few things we must remain aware of that are listed below. We believe these things are a very small price to pay to be “On the Road Again’! ~ Thank you for your gracious understanding and kind cooperation as we wisely embark on wonderful memory-making journeys together this year!
A- There are a few parts of the country that are still enforcing a mask mandate in their particular area. Please tuck a mask in your pocket just in case we should arrive somewhere and find out unexpectedly that we are required to wear one for entrance. We continue to pledge to be good neighbors and help these establishments stay open by cooperating with whatever they are required to ask of us, and to do it with a good, kind spirit. If you’re not in agreement with this, please refrain from traveling with us at this time.
B- At this writing, all the places we plan to visit are open for business. However, as mentioned above, that can change by the time we arrive. Should there be some place that is not able to take us, we will do our very best to substitute an activity or attraction of an equal quality. We just have to “go with the flow” again this year somewhat – but trust me, every single place we plan to visit WANTS to be open for us and will be doing everything they can to do so.
C- We ask that you take your own temperature before leaving home on the morning of Day One, and if you show any fever at all, please stay home. If you have additional/other symptoms that suggest Covid-19 or a variant, we ask that you please stay home. If you have been around someone with Covid-19/variant, or highly suspected Covid-19/variant, we ask that you please follow the CDC guidelines according to their timeline, and possibly stay home. Any of these methods are somewhat dependent on the “honor system”. We trust that our upstanding TLC customers will “do the right thing” and not put anyone else at risk for contracting Covid or a variant on a TLC tour.
D- Should someone come down with Covid during or after their tour, we assume no responsibility or liability. We cannot control every minute of everyone’s day, nor can we control how people handle themselves when off the coach. We have done our very best to secure accommodations and venues that state the highest sanitation protocols to the best of their ability. If on tour you should come down with Covid-19 or a variant, or strongly suspect it, you would be responsible to quarantine yourself and arrange for transportation home when appropriate. — By traveling with us, you are agreeing that TLC Tours, LLC will not be held responsible for contracting Covid-19 or a variant, nor liable for any expenses involved in any way.
E- If you do need to cancel at the last-minute because of having covid/variant, being exposed to covid/variant, or suspecting a possible case of covid/variant, our normal cancellation policies apply, just as they would to any other last-minute illness that prevents you from going on a tour. See General Information/Refunds in this book. Without insurance, there is no refund except what we might be able to get back from individual vendors on your behalf. We highly suggest taking out either our in-house Refund Protection Policy, or another more comprehensive insurance plan of your own choosing.
Overall, please lovingly respect the concerns of others if they differ from yours.
Some may have health issues that cause them to be more cautions than you may feel is necessary for yourself.
– Here’s the best plan: “Do Unto Others as You Would Have Others Do Unto You!” –
ON THE COACH
(1) Every Campbell coach is completely disinfected before they depart for a trip. You can be assured that the bus that arrives to pick you up has been thoroughly cleaned with an environmentally friendly solution that is EPA-approved, and not diluted or mixed at our facilities. The solution is rated on the EPA K-List that supersedes the current EPA suggestion for elimination of Corona Virus and has no harmful properties. It has received the Green Seal certification. The solution is applied with electrostatic sprayers to increase coverage to eliminate all pathogens on hard surfaces.
(2) We have upgraded all air filters and increased the frequency that we change the air filters on the coach to reduce contamination. Our motor coaches refresh the air on the coach every five minutes, and combined with the upgraded filters, will reduce stale used air in the coach.
(3) We have UV lights in our HVAC system to eliminate any airborne pathogens.
(4) Disinfecting wipes available for the Driver & Escort, and hand sanitizer on board for your use.
(5) Should the situation regarding pandemic conditions rise during the year, we are prepared to increase the level of our procedures accordingly.
Our departure points are as follows
Alliance: The front parking area of Lowe’s, 2595 W. State St.
Other departure points may be established for groups of 10 or more if the itinerary and direction of travel permits. We reserve the right to change departures. Departures are arranged in the direction of travel, with last departure being the closest to the destination, for the convenience of all passengers.
*We may use smaller shuttle buses to make these pickups and will join the tour en route at a logical transfer point.
For Overnight Trips:
For TLC DAY TRIPS:
For day trips, we do not have any insurance or Refund Protection Plan available. Payment must be made in full when booking a day trip, and if you cancel your reservation up to 45 days prior to the trip’s date, you will receive a full refund. *Occasionally a day trip may have a different cancellation date other than 45 days out – it is good to inquire when making your reservation. — If TLC should need to cancel the entire day trip, you will receive a refund.
For TLC OVERNIGHT MOTORCOACH TOURS:
For most overnight tours, a full refund will be made up to 45 days prior to departure date. However, some of our tours, especially the longer ones, may have a 60-day cancellation date. The specific date will be listed on your confirmation which you will receive in the mail once you make your reservation. Tours including tickets may have earlier non-refundable dates – please inquire when making a reservation for a tour that includes tickets. There are no refunds for cancellations made within the 45 (or 60) days prior to your departure date. However, we will do our best to recover as much as we can, but cannot guarantee anything including prepaid reservations and other costs that are non-refundable to us. There will be a $25.00 per/person charge for this service. There will be no refund, for any reason, for a “no-show” on the day of the tour.
** Please Note: Refunds will be made by the same method you paid us; e.g., if you paid by credit card, the refund will be put back on that credit card. No exceptions.
TLC’s REFUND PROTECTION PLAN for Overnight Motorcoach Tours:
TLC has an in-house “Refund Protection Plan” which we offer for overnight motorcoach tours through our office at a minimal cost. It needs to be purchased when you book your trip. This insures you a full refund in case of:
The RPP covers you up to the morning of departure; however, you must call your Escort (number will be provided) that morning before your pick-up time in order for the RPP to be valid. She will need to call all the places the tour is going to change the passenger counts. Failure to call the Escort that morning cancels your RPP coverage.
Feel free to call our office for full details about TLC’s RPP. We encourage you to take advantage of the protection plan, or secure more comprehensive insurance on your own, if desired.
TLC “FLY TRIPS”:
For any of our tours that involve flying, the connecting companies we use for our air tours offer their own insurance plans and instructions. You will find that information listed on each tour’s page and/or flyer near the respective pricing and other pertinent details. It is up to you, of course, whether or not you choose to take insurance out, but it is highly recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes excellent trips with super itineraries are canceled when people wait ’til the last minute to put in their reservation. OUR monies are usually due at least 90 days ahead on “fly trips” and at least 45 days ahead on regular trips. If we don’t have enough signed up at that time, we have no choice but to cancel it. Then when you call later, it’s already too late… and disappointing for us all! Please help us and CALL EARLY – Thank you so much.